There are many reasons, take a look….
Often we need to transfer fluids that are difficult, but mostly when there is a combination of the following;
– fluids with changing density
– fluids with changing viscosity
– fluids that contain gas
– fluids that contain solids
– fluids that are abrasive
– fluids that are aggressive
– products that scale on the pipelines
– or simply if you want to do metering
Pulsation is not always a bad phenomenon to have. Yes, it will help you keep your pipelines from scaling close – for example in lime dozing applications. With a pulsating flow, the lime slurry will clean the pipes by itself.
Always ask an expert to select and size your pump – and be careful with pulsation!
Why do you use peristaltic pumps?